Caring for Easy Houseplants
You can freshen up the look of your home’s interior easily and inexpensively with houseplants. Here are five low-maintenance options:1
- English ivy grows effortlessly, even under fluorescent light.
- Jade is a succulent that requires only moderate lighting and occasional watering.
- Air plants don’t require soil; they need only bright indirect light and to be soaked in a bowl of water for 30 minutes weekly.
- Areca (butterfly) palm can grow as high as 6 feet in bright indirect sunlight with biweekly watering.
- Basil grows well indoors with plenty of sunlight and water, often positioned on a window sill.